Thursday, January 3, 2013

Top 10 posts of 2012

Before we get too far into 2013 I thought I'd do a little recap of my most popular posts from 2012.

1.  DIY Dishwasher Detergent - We are still using this and love it!  Though, as a word of caution, when our water softener died (we have very hard water here) we had to use Cascade Complete for a week or so.  The homemade stuff just couldn't fight the cloudiness from the hard water.  Not sure if I could change up the formula to fix this since the softener is back up and running and the detergent is working great again.



2. Pink Lemonade Cake - Yummy!  I need to make this again as soon as Spring comes back around.


3. DIY All-Purpose Cleaner - love this stuff.  I use it for just about everything now.  No more Clorox, 409 or whatever chemically yuckiness around here anymore!

4. DIY Desk Skirt - simple and pretty, I love how this easy desk skirt hides all the ugly computer cords.


5. Scrapbook Paper Flower Wall Art - this was so simple to do...I really need to work on some more DIY art in 2013

6. DIY Advent Calendar - This was a huge hit with the kiddos this year and I though it come out so pretty.  I'll be using it again next year for sure.

7.  Easy Homemade Lollipops - I'm still coming down from my Christmas cookie high so I'm not sure when lollipops will make it on to my to do list again but these sure are good.



8.  Crocheted Monster Hats - these hats are adorable.  Whenever the boys wear them out we get tons of compliments on my cutie pies!



9. Salted Caramel Brownies - Brownies, caramel, salt...do I really need to say anything else?

10.  Homemade Fabric Softener - In all honesty, I don't use this all that often.  I think the laundry detergent does a good enough job on it's own!  But, this stuff does work and I won't be buying softener again.

I had a great time in 2012 exploring lots of DIY and I plan to do more of that this year too.  One of my 2013  resolutions is definitely to "make it not buy it" if I can.  Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment