Monday, December 31, 2012

Calendar Journal

I've always wanted to be a person who kept a journal.  Over the years I've tried several times.  I've bought pretty bound books and opened them with satisfaction to that blank first page but after just a few days or weeks, my journal went by the way-side.

Almost a year ago when I finally joined Pinterest, one of my first pins was for a hand-written calendar journal.  Now, finally, as January 1, 2013 quickly approaches, I am ready to begin.

The idea of this journal is to keep one index card for each day of the year and to write only one line each day.  Then, when 2014 begins you start over on you January 1 card and write another line.  During the year you can insert a postcard describing a trip you took on a certain day or maybe a show ticket or something like that.

The first year isn't that interesting of course but how fun it will in subsequent years to look back on fond memories from the year(s) before.

All you need for this simple journal are 365 index cards, a pen, and some sort of box to contain your cards.   On the top right hand corner of each card write one day of the year:  January 1.   On the first line write 2013.  You can do them all now, or as you go.  Very low-maintenance.

For some other ideas and visuals, like using a date stamp, check out the blog where I found this amazing calendar idea.

Here's what I have so far:

And a few postcards that I got from trips we took last year:

I just need the perfect cute little box to store my cards in.  The original pin used a small fruit box but my cards are bigger so that won't work for me.  I'm just going to bide my time and wait until the right sized box comes along.

It's not much right now but I think it could be the beginning of a treasured journal project.  I'm looking forward to getting started on it.

Have a safe and very very happy New Year's Eve!  Best wishes to you and yours for 2013 from the 4 Pears  family.

No comments:

Post a Comment