Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A little quiet reflection

I'm having a bit of trouble posting, I apologize for that.  We had visitors last weekend and celebrated Christmas a little early with one set of grandparents, a great grandmom and a favorite cousin.  The boys received Cozy Coupes and they have been driving them all around the family room, stopping only to watch the occasional Dora episode drive-in style.  I've also been sick, again, yuck.  Currently I have no voice which is super awesome when trying to keep twin two-year-olds in line.

I'm also really upset about last week's tragedy in Connecticut and I've had a tough time moving past it to think about posting all about how great things are around here and oh yeah that awesome pot roast we had the other night....  Ugh.  I don't really know what to say other than my heart is hurting for the people of Newtown.  Also, that I really want there to be change here in the United States when it comes to gun control. I don't want to live in and raise my children in a society that fights gun violence with more guns. I don't want to live surrounded by people who believe that their "right to bear arms" is more important than the lives of innocent children and the people who were trying to protect them.  I want to see some real changes instead of more shootings, but I am disheartened because I don't really expect that to happen.

So I'm still here, and we are still enjoying our holiday season and all of our fun advent activities.  But in the quiet times, the times I have to blog, I've just been resting, praying, and thinking about this crazy world we are living in.

My prayers are with all of those affected by this tragedy, which I think just might be all of us.







No comments:

Post a Comment