Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Devilish Deviled Eggs

So deviled eggs may not be the most glamorous of hors d'oeuvres but I love them.  I think most people do...they always seem to disappear quickly.  I have to be especially careful with them in my house, if I make too many Alex and I will eat them all.  And plowing through a dozen eggs at one sitting just isn't good.

Despite my love of deviled eggs I hadn't made any this summer!  Shame.  So I decided to make some on Saturday and we enjoyed them....for lunch.  Anyone else eat deviled eggs for lunch?  No?  Oh well.  Take them to a BBQ instead then.

Best thing about deviled eggs (other than their yumminess of course) is that you can basically do whatever you want to them.  Here's how I made mine last weekend.

Deviled Eggs
6 hard-boiled eggs
1/4 c. mayonaisse
2 tsp. dijon mustard
hot sauce, to taste
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. spicy pickles, diced
salt and peper to taste
cayenne pepper or paprika to garnish


Cut your boiled eggs in half and squeeze them gently to pop the yolks out into a small bowl.  Combine the yolks with the remaining ingredients.  Once the filling is nice and smooth, spoon it into the corner of a small plastic bag. Cut off the corner of the bag and squeeze the filling back into the eggs.  Sprinkle the tops of the eggs with a bit of cayenne pepper if you want some more kick; if not stick with paprika.  Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment