Monday, September 12, 2011

What's Cooking?

Did everyone have a wonderful weekend?  I hope so. :)   We spent a rather quiet weekend around the house, lots of cooking...and eating. Yum.

This is what our kitchen looked like at around 12:30 yesterday afternoon

If you look at this picture closely you'll see three large piles of cheese, butter, three pots on the cook top,  an open canister of flour and a cutting board full of diced veggies down at the end of the frame.  Our kitchen got a workout this weekend.

From the huge list of things that came out of that kitchen this weekend; this week on the blog I'll be sharing these....

Tuesday- This week's how-to is Bechamel sauce. Bechamel is one of the "mother" sauces.  It's a white sauce that you can use as the base for other sauces or as is in a million different recipes.  I used it yesterday in some baked macaroni and cheese.

Wednesday- Fig Cereal Bars.  I made these on Sunday for the first time and they were a huge success! This is a great cross between a Nutrigrain bar and a Fig Newton.  A perfect toddler (or grown-up) snack.  The twins LOVED them.

Thursday- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake.  Need I say more?  ;)

Friday- Crab Cakes.  There are a billion different recipes for crab cakes and since I'm originally from Maryland I've had one of each it seems.  I'll share my favorite recipe on Friday.

Hope to see you back, happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment