Friday, September 21, 2012

Crocheted Pumpkins

Well despite the fact that temperatures are still in the 90's (upper 90's), the Pears' household is officially moving into fall.  You can tell the official season change by the changing of the seasonal wreath on the (inside) front door.  I whipped this simple one up in 30 minutes!

(foam wreath form wrapped in bulky brown yarn with a pumpkin "spray" twisted around it)

I only have a few other fall decorations gracing the house so far, but a trip to Hobby Lobby has been scheduled, woo hoo!


The other night, though, I decided that what I needed were a few crocheted pumpkins.  Of course, right?  Not a ton of options on Pinterest but I found this really great and really easy pattern and churned out three of the little babies immediately for a small coffee table centerpiece.


Could a crocheted vegetable get any cuter????



To make your own festive softie squash, click on over to this pattern at hip2thrift.  The smaller two pumpkins I made according to the pattern and they measure about 1 1/2 inches tall and 3 inches wide. For the larger of the mini-pumpkins I used an H hook and increased an additional time on round 6 so that my largest row was 36 sc around.  I repeated that 36 sc row 7 times rather than 5.  That pumpkin measures about 2 1/2 inches tall (not including the stem) and 4 inches wide.

Tomorrow I'm headed to the farmer's market to look for some pumpkins of the edible variety, so check back in next week for some great pumpkin recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment