Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chicken Tikka Masala

Oh Indian Food how I love you!  Love, love, love.  Be my Valentine?  Too much?  Ok, I'll stop.  But I do love Indian food.

For our last dinner with Grandpa Al, which was last night, we made Chicken Tikka Masala.  A favorite of myself and Mr. Pears.


We use Aarti Sequeria's recipe, it is super easy and very good.  The only changes I make are that I cook the marinated chicken on a pan on the stove, and I use two cans of drained diced tomatoes in place of the fresh....because I just hate peeling tomatoes.  

Though tonight we made the chicken, I often just make up the sauce to freeze for easy week night dinners.  And a lot of the time we eat our tikka masala with paneer (homemade cheese!) instead of chicken.  Paneer is really easy to make too...just follow my How To if you are feeling adventurous.

Also on the table last night was Naan.  You can't have Indian food without Naan! Yum.


For this I used a recipe from the blog Eat, Live, Run...you can find it here.  The naan was delicious but I really could have made like 6 pieces instead of 4.

For dessert?  The last of the Peanut Butter Pie of course!

Have you made it yet?  What are you waiting for?  That pie is so good it didn't matter that it wasn't Indian in the least.

Happy Wednesday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment