Monday, April 2, 2012

Stuffed Bunnies, crocheted with love

I recently learned a new skill from my mother, she taught me to crochet!  I had been wanting to learn for a while now because I thought it might be a fun way to keep my hands busy and to relax at the same time.  So the last time she visited, my Mom brought a crochet hook and some yarn and we sat together as she showed me the basics.  It was fairly simple to pick up and I've really enjoyed doing it!  It is fun to see something new created from a little ball of yarn.

I decided my very first project would be these bunnies to put in the kids' Easter baskets.  Stuffed toy?  First project?  It sounds complicated but I swear it was really easy and though these little guys aren't perfect, I think they are super cute and I'm sure my boys are going to love them.  (For about 2 minutes before they move on to the lollipops.)

If you know how to crochet this project would literally just take an evening's time.  If not, I'm betting you could learn from an online tutorial and still have one of these done by Easter.  I never thought I could learn crochet from a book or video but it seriously is simple stuff so if your Mama's not close at hand and you've been wanting to learn, go for it!

Here's a link to the pattern.  And of course some photos..... Lots more Easter stuff to come this week!  I hope you are enjoying the holiday.




No comments:

Post a Comment